1) A lot of excavation work has been done at the Greenbrier flood area in recent days and some scent may have been unearthed….we are renewing the search on Tuesday August 9 in WSS.
2) Brooke County is having their Fire/EMS Explorer Camp August 8th through the 12th. Our folks up there are asking for our team to do a 90 minute SAR demonstration for the youth starting at 12:00 and end at 13:30 Friday the 12th. We are expecting 35-40 kids.
3) The search for the missing mother in Marshall County will continue with an excavation beginning Saturday the 13th.
4) The Tyler County OEM/CERT/SAR meeting will be August 11th at our office in Middlebourne starting at 7pm. We are asking our K9 handlers to bring any GPS tracking collars they have. We will be discussing these at the meeting as we plan to purchase additional similar equipment and we want to be sure it works with our mapping software.
5) The LEPC meeting will be August 11th starting at 9am downstairs in the Middlebourne Senior Center.
Please let me know if you are available to attend any of these events.